Consent to use your data
Definition of online: Any web-based communication system that you can access of your own free will by using our online services, you agree to the following:
- You have the authority to make your own decisions
- You are or are over the age of 14 years
- You will not disclose sensitive information about the operational practices of Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd or its partners
What data do we collect?
Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, date of birth, address, etc.)
- Contact information (email address, phone number, correspondence address, etc.)
- Financial information (bank account details, debit and credit card details, etc.)
- Information about your education (qualifications, certificates, higher education, etc.)
- Date information regarding events in your life (certificate expiry date, personal milestone dates, etc.)
- Information about your Workplace (number of employees, organisation name and contact information, risk assessment data, etc.)
- Location data (where you physically accessed our website, locations of work activities etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You (the User) directly provide Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd with most of the data that we collect. We collect data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer experience survey or provide feedback via email or use of any of our feedback platforms (Google, Facebook, Youtube, etc.)
- Use, download or view any of our websites via your browser’s cookies
- Complete or take part in an online seminar or training course
- Interact with our social media posts or share company posts
- Use the blogging function of our website
- Engage in instant messaging, video chats or phone us using the website shortcuts
Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd will also receive data indirectly from the following sources:
- Marketing and sales teams of Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd using social media
- Recommendations passed to us by existing clients
- Research of a reasonable nature online using the information we hold on you
- Credit agencies (Experian, Equifax, etc.)
- Companies house data available to the public
- Freedom of information requests made to an organisation you are associated to in any way
How will we use your data?
Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd collects your data so that we can:
- Process your purchase, manage your accounts
- Email you with relevant special offers on other products or services we think you may like
- Contact you regarding the expiry date of you purchase (certificates, first aid supplies, time-specific advice such as pandemic information, etc.)
- Request your consent to automatically schedule or reschedule a service if it expires before you can renew
- Confirm your identity for the purposes of examination enrolment
- Create a personal profile of your training needs
- Create a company profile on workplace hazards, risks and safety measures in place
- Assess your eligibility to benefit from our purchase order facility
If you agree, Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services:
- Barclay Penny Training Ltd
- Compassion Medical Ltd
When Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd processes your order, it may send data to, and may use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies for the sole purpose of detecting and preventing fraudulent purchases
How do we store your data?
Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd securely stores your data at our registered data controllers address in or on assets that are property of Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd. Access to physical assets and equipment is strictly forbidden to anyone not directly employed by Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd (referred to as core staff)
Who else do we store it with?
For reasons of improving performance, response times and client experience, we choose to store all or some of your personal data on Cloud based storage facilities, including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Inc.
- Harvey Communications Ltd
- Google Inc.
- Salesforce PLC
- Tide Bank Account
- Xero Accounting
How do we secure your data? All data storage of an electronic manner is vetted and encrypted using industry-standard protocols and safeguards, where only authorised personnel with strict clearance can access the information. Regular audits are run to ensure that only accurate and correct information is held about you.If we are notified of a breach or one of our audits picks up a data breach, we will contact you immediately and investigate how it happened, while taking steps to secure your data using many of the industry-accepted methods
You are legally allowed to request a copy of what data we have stored about you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Freedom of Information Request about my personal data” to receive a report. Please allow up to 30 days for completion
How long do we store your data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
As a guide, we retain information on the following timescales:
- Communication information – 5 years AFTER you cease being a client
- Marketing information – 12 months from last response
- Financial information – 5 years AFTER you cease being a client
- Educational information – indefinitely
- Workplace information – 5 years AFTER you cease being a client
- Medical Information – indefinitely
- Anonymised statistical information – indefinitely
Data not described here will be held with your express permission, for an agreed time frame.
Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you may like, as well as those of our partner companies:
- Barclay Penny Training Ltd
- Compassion Medical Ltd
You need to consent to receive marketing emails. If you have agreed to receive them, you may opt out at any time by updating your email preferences. You have the right to stop Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd from contacting you for marketing purposes, or us sharing your information with our partners
- If you wish not to be contacted about our products or services, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing emails – STOP Request” What are your General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rights?
We at Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd are serious about protecting your rights in data protection and want to make you aware of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018
The right to access
You have the right to request Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd for copies of your personal data. Please be aware that we are legally able to charge a small fee for this service
The right to rectification
You have the right to request that Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd correct or amend any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete information you believe is incomplete
The right to erasure
You have the right to request that Vital Workplace Training Ltd erase your personal data, provided it does not interfere with our legal responsibilities or Duty of Care
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that Vital Workplace Training Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data, provided it does not interfere with our legal responsibilities or Duty of Care
The right to object to processing
You have the right to object (disagree) to Vital Workplace Training Group Ltd’s processing of your personal data, provided it does not interfere with our legal responsibilities or Duty of Care
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that Vital Workplace Training Ltd transfer all we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, provided it does not interfere with our legal responsibilities or Duty of Care
If you wish to excercise any of these rights, please contact the data controller.