What we know
A summary of the information about the Coronavirus Pandemic
The Coronavirus pandemic has affected many aspects of our daily lives, including the way we work. The Government took steps to help stop the spread of the virus and to protect more vulnerable people in the community.
First, lets clear up some of the jargon;
- Coronavirus – The family of viruses responsible for the COVID-19 outbreak
- COVID-19 – COronaVIrusDisease (2019 strain). The disease that is caused by the SARS-Cov-2 Virus
- SARS-CoV-2 – Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome CoronaVirus strain 2. The virus that causes COVID-19
A brief synopsis
On 16th March 2020, the UK entered a state of restriction on non-essential activity, known informally as “Lockdown“. Many organisations and workplaces were closed, non-essential travel was restricted and a campaign called “Stay at home – Protect the NHS – Save lives” began.
As the death toll rose, more restrictions were added, with financial support from the Government given to businesses and Employees.
Now, the Government are preparing to get the country back on its feet and working again
The latest news
5 steps to working safely
In order to do this, workplaces and employers will have to provide adequate evidence that steps have been taken to protect their staff and clients against the current pandemic crisis
Using the most up to date Coronavirus information on GOV.uk (which can be seen here), the best steps to follow are:
- Carry out a COVID-19 specific workplace risk assessment
- Build a routine of regular cleaning and hand washing
- Enable those that can to remote work from home
- Maintain social distancing for those who return to the workplace
- If social distancing can’t be done, manage contact risk
Although the guidelines have been released, a clear and practical approach has yet to be seen. Below is Vital Workplace Training’s translation.
What we are doing and what we are going to do
Actions we have taken to Safeguard our clients and staff
Vitals' practical approach to deliver our service in the coming months
To follow the Government’s most up to date advice and support, Vital Workplace Training has built the #weareCOVIDsecure campaign.
#weareCOVIDsecure is based on the 5 steps to working safely advice from GOV.uk, with our personal twist:
- Personalised needs assessments for training
- All of our training packages will be built on a one to one consultation, where we identify if physical classroom training is needed. If the training features a practical assessment as a requirement for completion (such as First Aid), a contact management plan will be drafted, in line with our human contact Needed guidelines
- An updated cleaning and personal hygiene policy
- To comply with the necessary regulations in slowing the spread of infection, a record of our cleaning and hygiene processes for equipment, staff and contractors will be made available to clients when booking
- Virtual classroom and remote working training systems
- So our service does not lose the professional and personal delivery, our Trainers have been busy preparing as much online content as we can (under the current restrictions) so the most vulnerable are protected against the Pandemic conditions
- Sensible and relevant social distancing measures to be implemented
- Not all sites benefit from the luxury of sufficient space to allow 2-metre distancing at all times, so a realistic approach will be reviewed on each area as the activity is conducted
- Human contact needed process added to manage contact risk
- Finally, to completely future-proof live classroom environments in the coming months, our signature policy and process to safeguard against transmission risk will be rolled out, complete with all the personal protective equipment needed to comply
But we are not done yet.
As the landscape changes, so will we. We at Vital Workplace Training are dedicated to ensuring that the workplace remains as unique and individual as the people who run it. If you have any ideas or plans you think might help, talk to us. We work across the UK and can travel to you wherever you are. So whether you are looking for COVID-19 training in Essex or Yorkshire, get in touch.
For all enquiries about COVID-19 please contact us we will be happy to help
- 01376 561 834