What you will learn on this course
Basic Life Support (BLS) forms the backbone of many lifesaving skills, including Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED), both skills the European Resuscitation Council recommend for use in first aid, emergency and healthcare settings.
Our basic life support training course will help you to:
- Understand the requirements of basic life support
- Demonstrate basic life support processes and Automated External Defibrillator use in line with current national guidelines
- Demonstrate post-resuscitation procedures
- Demonstrate basic safety checks on an Automated External Defibrillator
- Demonstrate scene safety precautions when using an Automated External Defibrillator
We teach our training courses to the highest of industry standards. Regardless of what session we deliver and where we’re delivering it, we make sure to provide high-quality, engaging and versatile training courses.
The full qualification specification for this course can be downloaded here. After completing the course, trainees will be presented with a basic life support training certificate.