What you will learn on this course
We exceed the requirements laid down by OFSTED and EYFS for people needing the full 12 contact hour first aid course for infant and child. Dealing in real-life scenarios and packed with information specific to the child in an emergency, we support the campaign by the Health and Safety Executive and Department for Education in highlighting the importance of annual refreshers in first aid.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are unresponsive
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
We provide a rigorous quality check on all of our training courses to make sure that we always reach the same high standards.
The full qualification specification for this course can be downloaded here.